We all need some delicious comfort food sometimes and one of the best macaroni and cheese dishes that you’ll have is the Gratin de Macaroni from Les Chefs de France at Epcot.
If you are looking for something to indulge in at home this is the perfect cheesy recipe.
- 3/4 lbs Macaroni
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions for Sauce
- Heat Milk in a small saucepan over medium heat (do not simmer)
- Melt butter in a separate medium saucepan
- Add Flour to butter
- Stir this until the mixture is golden
- Slowly add the milk and whisk
- Add Nutmeg, Salt, and Pepper
- Cook this for 10 minutes, whisking often until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat
- Add Heavy Cream and 1/2 of the Gruyere Cheese
Directions for the final dish
- Begin cooking Macaroni. The macaroni should be slightly underdone. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Butter large baking dish
- Combine the Macaroni and Cheese Sauce and pour into the large baking dish
- Top with the remaining 1/2 of Gruyere and Parmesan
- Cover dish with foil
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove the foil.
- Continue baking until the cheese is golden brown
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.