Enjoy a relaxing stroll and encounter a komodo dragon, Malayan Tapir, Tigers, Water buffalo, Rodrigues Fruit, Malayan flying fox, etc. While watching out for the animals don’t miss the waterfalls, murals, and crumbling ruins.
The entire trail is themed after ancient Indian ruins to perfectly fit the theme of the area as well as the native homes of the animals that live on the trail.
The Maharajah Jungle Trek typically opens to guests about 30 minutes after the park opens for the day and tends to close early. While you never know when the animals might make their appearance, the coolest part of the day is often your best bet. The trek also serves as a great retreat from the crowds and long lines during the busiest parts of the day.
Have a question or can’t find an animal? Cast members are available to help point animals out and answer all your questions.
- The Maharajah Jungle Trek opened on March 1, 1999.
- There are over 50 species of birds
- The tour takes about 20-25 minutes.
- In 2015, Rose, Dorothy, and Blanche were added to the attraction. These are 3 water buffalos inspired by the Golden Girls.
- In 2017, Sumatran Tiger cubs were added. They were born in Animal Kingdom and named Jeda and Anala.
- To see the Tigers active go early morning.