Some of the best parts about going to Epcot are eating and drinking around the world. When walking into Canada you are hit with the invigorating smell of Maple Popcorn.
Have you ever sat at Le Cellier’s Steakhouse and indulged in the Cheddar Soup? If not don’t miss this the next time you go. It’s one of Disney’s most popular recipes and also a favorite of mine. It serves as a great appetizer or even a warm dish for a cozy afternoon. Don’t forget to pair it with pretzel bread for dipping for a magical meal!
If you miss the soup here is a great Disney recipe to try!
- 1/2 Pound Diced Bacon
- 1 Medium Dice Red Onion
- 3 Diced Celery Stalks
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 Pound Grated Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Tobasco Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Canadian golden lager style beer (If you don’t like the taste of beer you can add in 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot add bacon and cook for 5 minutes
- Then add in the celery, red onion, and butter cooking and stirring frequently for another 5 minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour by sprinkling it over the mixture. Continue to stir on medium heat for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth slowly by whisking in.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes
- Add milk as it continues to simmer for 15 minutes. Do not let come to a boil.
- Remove the pot from heat and then add in the sharp white cheddar, tobacco, and Worcestershire sauce.
- If you are looking for a smooth soup, at this point put the soup in a blender and blend everything together. If you don’t want a smooth soup, skip this step.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped green onions.