Disney+ has announced that Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Love and Thunder” will be coming to the streaming service on September 8. The announcement is a part of this year’s Disney+ Day.
Marvel’s “Thor: Love and Thunder” debuted in theaters this summer on July 8, 2022 and takes place following the events of 2019’s “Avengers: Endgame.”
“Thor: Love and Thunder” finds the God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) on a quest for inner peace. But Thor’s retirement is interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok,” “Jojo Rabbit”) and produced by Kevin Feige and Brad Winderbaum.
In addition to “Thor: Love and Thunder,” this year’s event on September 8 has several other Disney+ debuts, including
- “Cars On The Road”, will premiere on Disney+ on Thursday, September 8, 2022.“
- Live-action film “Pinocchio” starting Tom Hanks
- Nat Geo’s “Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory“
- The documentary series “Growing Up“
- Sing-along versions of “Frozen” and “Frozen 2”
- “Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi’s Return,” a new making of documentary about the Star Wars series.