Sing along and relax with the birds in a Disney classic. This attraction was the first to use audio-animatronics.
Originally it was going to be designed as a restaurant. They decided that it would be too complex to run a show like this and have a full dinner service.
Join José, Fritz, Michael, and Pierre as they sing songs from the 1940s to the 1960s. Don’t forget to pick up a Dole Whip to enjoy during the show.
- The birds were the first animatronics to have a long series of movements that synced with the soundtrack.
- There are 150 different animatronics
- The song, “In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room” was writing by the Sherman brothers
- In 1998 the show was revamped and renamed to, “The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management”. After getting mixed reviews in 2011 Disney changed the show back to the classic and renamed it to, “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room”
- In January 2011 Iago caught fire. No one was hurt but Iago was completely ruined.
- Walt Disney developed this attraction under WED Enterprises and when it first opened in Disneyland it used to cost $0.75.